The 2021 Golden Retriever Club of America National Specialty, hosted by the Mid-Florida Golden Retriever Club, is coming up Oct. 22-30 in Ocala, Fla., and some volunteers are needed to help in some unfilled positions.
For the Field Trial, which will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 26-27, at Lazy J Ranch in Williston, Fla., volunteers are needed to be marshals and assistant marshals for four stakes. Test dogs also are needed for four stakes.
At the World Equestrian Center in Ocala, volunteers are needed to help staff the merchandise area throughout the week.
Positions also remain open to assist with the various health clinics that will be held for dogs at the WEC during the week. Opportunities include:
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 – three people are needed to work all day, or six people in half-day sessions.
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 – Four people will be needed for a full day or 6-8 people for half a day (the blood draw clinic will only be half of a day).
- Thursday, Oct. 28 – at least four people are needed (blood draw is again only half of a day).
- Friday, Oct. 29 – 3-4 people are needed. The PU clinic is all day and the blood draw is half of the day.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 – 3-4 people needed for the day.
The MFGRC is hosting morning (7 a.m.) and late afternoon (4 p.m.) hospitality at the WEC starting Tuesday and some people to help each day are needed.
In addition to these specific needs, the event committee could also find places for general volunteers, including helping with setting up (Saturday, Oct. 23) and packing up (Monday, Oct. 25) agility equipment.
Anyone interested can contact the event’s volunteer coordinators via email at email@example.com.